Thermogenesis is the natural process of heat carried out within the body of humans and animals. However there a small number of thermogenetic plants that exist today, such as the Eastern Skunk Cabbage and Voodoo Lily.
Via thermogenesis, we have the capability to manage and retain our own weight.
Ani Phyo’s book “15-Day Fat Blast” will show you that by eating the right foods and knowing how to prepare them will help your body to burn unhealthy fat naturally through thermogenics.
Ani’s 15-Day Fat Blast (First Da Capo Press Edition, May, 2012) provides a 15-Day Meal plan including: Four Rocket Fuel categories (sounds more like a shuttle launch to me) to help you shed unhealthy fat stored in your body.
In addition, she talks about:
- Which raw thermogenic foods can be incorporated in your daily smoothie.
- How to make trail mix cookies without baking/cooking them.
- Which recipes are great for muscle building.
- How to maximizeendurance and energy.
- Which raw foods are low glycemic carbs.
- Rich food sources containing Prebiotics and Probiotics.
- Why invest in a high powered blender.
- Using air tight glass jars for storing meals.
Where to Purchase
Ani’s 15-Day Fast Blast can be purchased from one of the following online stores:
- Amazon (U.S.) – Available as a hardcover copy or save a few dollars by purchasing this book in the Kindle section.
- eBay – Sold by Australian, U.K. and U.S. book sellers. Free shipping available within these countries by some sellers. Worldwide shipping offered.
- Barnes & Noble – Sold as a hardcover copy or available as a digital download (NOOK).
On page 185 of “Ani’s 15-Day Fat Blast” Ani says,“How do we put a price on our health? I spend most of my money on the highest quality organic foods I can get my hands on. Plus, I am avoiding health care costs in the future by staying healthy today.”
I couldn’t agree with her more. It makes me laugh when I hear people say that organic food is expensive to buy and yet they buy cigarettes, alcohol and food takeaways etc. They compromise their health further by purchasing processed packaged foods and tin food.
Ani believes people are missing out on nutrient-dense food, not calorie-dense food. She lists foods which are rich in nutrients.
Also listed in her book are raw organic plant foods which she says will help lift our moods. I know we could all benefit from that.
Ani Phyo’s recipe on how to make wheat free dessert crumble base which doesn’t require baking is great for people who suffer from Coeliac Disease. Being diagnosed with Coeliac, I am now able to enjoy the delicious wheat free, gluten free and dairy free meals which Ani has included in her book.
For those people who do not drink alcohol there is a recipe on how to make a non-alcoholic version ofPina Colada.
The title of Ani’s book does not mean that she is targeting people who need to lose weight. I’m a slim person but I know that I can benefit from the recipes in her book.
About the Author
During her college years Ani Phyo ate processed fast food (while studying away from home), partied a lot and rarely exercised. Her cholesterol hit an all time high of 300.
When she returned to her family home for Thanksgiving one year, her mother helped her to transition back to eating healthy whole foods which she was brought up to enjoy.
Ani has studied raw food preparation; has established her own catering business and developed her own range of snacks called “Smart Monkey Foods”. They are raw food carob bars.
“Smart Monkey Foods” can be purchased at Amazon.
Other books by Ani Phyo
- Ani’s Raw Food Asia
- Ani’s Raw Food Essentials
- Ani’s Raw Food Desserts
- Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen
Did You Know?
Scallions are called ‘shallots’ in Australia.
“Thermogenesis”: page 238-239 in Ani’s 15 Day Fat Blast.
Please note: This is an independent book review. My editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. The program described in this review is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your Health Practitioner before starting any new health regime.
Other Eco Beauty Products/Programs Reviewed:
- Philip McCluskey’s “Get Juicy” 10-Day Body Cleanse
- Pure & Green Organics Toothpaste
- Enchanted Waters: Dead Sea Mineral Mud Mask with Orange & Ylang Ylang
Go to the main page