‘Perfume by Nature’ is nature’s perfume all the way from Byron Bay, Australia. I came across this perfume brand @Chikii; an aussie eco beauty online shop.
It’s so great to see Annette Christy from Chikii supporting perfumer Ambrosia Jones who sources the purest essential oils, resins and extracts from the around the world for her perfume brand ‘Perfume by Nature’.
I was sent three perfume samples from Ambrosia @Perfume by Nature to try from her range:
Love Potion Perfume Oil/Eau de Parfum Spray…A$20.00 – A$110.00
Scent Family: spicy oriental
I received a 3ml Love Potion eau de parfum spray which contains the following ingredients in a base of pure ethanol:
- Jasmine Absolute ~ A warm sweet floral aroma; an aphrodisiac.
- Patchouli ~ A rich, balsamic and herbaceous scent with a minty-woody undertone.
- Cardamon ~ Warm sweet and spicy. Helps to calm nerves, ease sciatica and stimulate the immune system.
- Coriander ~ Spicy with a hint of Cilantro musk. De-stresses while energises resulting in some potent aphrodisiac effects; 14th century nuns of St. Just added Coriander to their Carmelite water. 🙂
- Seville Oranges ~ Zesty and sweet citrus aroma. Known for its stress relieving properties.
One whiff of the warm spicy aroma of Love Potion eau de parfum and I couldn’t get enough of it. Every so often I kept on smelling the inside of my wrists.
I gave my mother a sniff and she really liked the scent of this perfume too. I feel people who are in close proximity to you will be drawn to it as well.
The beauty about Love Potion is that it has been made into a perfume oil and body oil as well; which is awesome if you prefer the alcohol free version.
“Love Potion started out as a custom order for a lonely friend. She wanted a perfume that would attract some Love into her Life!
My friend reported that beyond the effect it had on those around her, she found it made her feel happy…and sexy…and, well, full of energy and passionate about everything around her. And it began to dawn on me that maybe we were really on to something.
We’d managed to create a perfume that made people feel loving and passionate when they wore it.
A real “Love Potion” in a perfume bottle! “
~ Ambrosia Jones
Goddess Perfume Oil/ Eau de Parfum Spray – A$25.00 – A$130.00
Scent Family: deep musky floral
I received Goddess in a 1.5 ml perfume oil sample that is also available in an eau de parfum spray.
- Damask Rose Absolute ~ Encourages feelings of happiness.
- Arabian Jasmine ~ Known as a powerful aphrodisiac.
- Honey Absolute ~ Calming and antiseptic properties.
- African Tolu Balsam ~ Vanilla and cinnamon aroma. Antibacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-septic
If you love the smell of roses and honey then you will love Goddess.
Goddess will exude your femininity as its sweet scent will attract like bees to honey.
Ambrosia uses macadamia oil as a carrier oil for her Goddess perfume oil blend.
“This Perfume is unbelievably Luscious. It’s a personal Perfume Fantasy based on an old Egyptian recipe, made from the most divine, delicious scents imaginable, a perfume to celebrate the Goddess within every Woman. “
~ Ambrosia Jones
Craving Perfume Oil/Eau de Parfum Spray A$25.00 – A$150.00
Scent Family: foodie gourmand musk
I received Craving in a 1.5 ml perfume oil sample:
- Cocoa Absolute ~ Rich in aroma. Lessens stress; and enhances pleasure
- Hyraceum ~ An eco friendly cruelty-free animal musk used as an all natural fixative in perfumes, general tonic as well as for flu/colds.
- Haitian Vetiver ~ Fresh and green.
- Bourbon Vetiver ~ Grounding.
- Oud ~ Fruity and flowery in aroma.
- Ambrette Seed ~ A plant-based alternative to animal musk notes. The scent is warm, woody and slightly floral.
- Australian Sandalwood ~ A sweet earthy woody aroma. Grounding and calming.
I love earthy scents and chocolate aromas but Craving was a little too strong in aroma for my liking and the scent lingered on my skin for nearly 8 hours. I feel this perfume would appeal to men more.
Craving is not suitable for vegans as it contains cruelty free Hyraceum.
“I use tiny amounts of Hyraceum in ‘Craving’.
Hyraceum is made from the crystalized excreta of a small South African rodent called the Hyrax.
They live in wild colonies and always deposit these excretions in a huge pile over many generations. Eventually the bottom of the pile crystalizes and develops this amazing deep pheromone musk scent, similar to that of the
musk deer pods.
It is one of the few animal musks that can be ethically harvested without affecting the animals in any way.
I get mine from a friend in South Afrika where it is wild harvested in very small amounts.”
~ Ambrosia Jones
My favourite perfume hands down from these Perfume by Nature samples is ‘Love Potion’ .
Perfume by Nature has been featured in my perfume brands guide.
Where to Buy:
Perfume by Nature (Online and in store)
Chikii ~ Your Organic Beauty Fix. (Online)
More Perfume by Nature Stockists can be found here.
You can follow Perfume by Nature on Facebook. 🙂
Go to the main page